Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We have movement!

Last night I was trying to hear Reptar's heartbeat with our at home doppler, and instead heard him dancing up a storm. He kept hitting and kicking where we were trying to listen, and it even sounded as if he was doing somersaults. I think the speaker on the little machine almost shorted out. I finally turned the machine off and and got into my nest (the concoction of pillows, blankets and sheets that allow me to sleep at night...B hates it). I realized that I was feeling this really odd feeling right where Reptar had been dancing, so I concentrated for a minute, and then I realized what it was!

I immediately started crying. I knew that my lower abdominal area had been feeling oddly full lately, and that I have been having these odd cramp-like bouts, but I didn't think it was possible to feel the baby yet! He was hanging out right under my belly button, and I could feel the kicks and hits. It was the most amazing feeling I have ever felt. It went on for a while, and I actually fell asleep before he finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment