Saturday, August 14, 2010

We are officially in the second trimester!

It has been a while since I updated this, but as many of you know we have had a really rough month and a half. My bleeding has continued, and has gone from a tiny bit, to none, to gushes of blood, back down again, and now we are back to constant spotting. We are trying to stay positive and get excited for Reptar to show up in February, and our new doctor has been wonderful at keeping our spirits up.

To make a long story short, I have a subchorionic hematoma that is taking its sweet time to resolve itself. Two weeks ago my hematoma was only at 1.5 centimeters, and the doctor didn't see a problem (it growing) during my last appointment. He also said the last time he had a patient loose a pregnancy with a hematoma, it was 7.5 centimeters. Here is a link that explains what it is better than I can.

Due to the hematoma, we have had a large number of ultrasounds, and have been given a number of pictures.

This was from our third ultrasound, but it is the first one that we were allowed to watch. It was taken after I started to bleed pretty heavily. I was put on modified bed rest, and am still on it. This was taken on 7.8.10, and Reptar is 8 weeks and 6 days old. B jokes that he looks like one of the aliens from Independence Day.

This was our fourth ultrasound, and Reptar is 9 weeks 4 days. You can see his little arm and leg buds, as well as his baby spine! This was taken at our new OB's office. We switched after our old OB told us that she didn't think the pregnancy was viable, didn't warn us that I could spot from a hematoma (or even tell us what it was), and when it took six hours on a Wednesday afternoon to call us back after we called the emergency line. Our new doctor is absolutely fantastic!

The night before B's birthday we had a terrifying episode of very heavy bleeding. We went in the next day, and Reptar had continued to grow. He looks more and more like a baby each time, and was dancing too much for us to get a really clear picture!

A week later (we don't like Sundays that much anymore) we had a couple of gushes of blood that sent us back to the doctor. Reptar refused to get out of his ball to be measured properly, but we heard his heartbeat and saw him throw a small fit.

Our last appointment went well; Reptar had a great heartbeat and seems to be growing. My next appointment (hopefully we wont need to go in earlier) is at the end of August! We've been cleared from seeing the doctor once a week! I'm sure our insurance company is happy; I know B is!

No comments:

Post a Comment