Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cycle 1 is here!

We went to the doctor yesterday, and we officially started our first cycle of trying to conceive! Brian recorded my basal body temperature (BBT) for me this morning, which was a little weird. I was so anxious that I kept waking up. I'm pretty sure that my temp was off because of it, but I know that they will be wonky for the first few days so I am okay with the "weird" temp. Other than that, we are off to a good start!

The doctor was really positive, and was on board with the Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) plan we have. She did seem to think we should utilize ovulation predictor kits (OPK) more than we were planning, but I feel confident that we will be fine until at least cycle 6. That being said, we would use them beforehand if my cycles seem to be wonky.

Brian is hoping that we get pregnant right away so that we can get the 2010 tax credit, and he has been teasing Duke about how we are "trying to replace" him. Duke has been really weird since I got home, but that is probably because he knows I am in a bit more pain than normal. I have been cuddling with him as much as he will let me, so hopefully he'll cheer up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment